Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer (CROO)
fire.com – London
fire.com is a growing fintech that helps businesses to manage payments with digital accounts and debit cards, supporting a range of payment services all accessible via a powerful API. We are now seeking a Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer (“CROO”) for our UK company (“fire-UK”). Fire-UK will service our UK customers and the CROO position will be a primary control function for fire-UK.
Fire.com is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution under the Payment Services Regulations, 2018. Fire-UK is in the process of seeking a licence from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
We are seeking an individual with at least three years’ experience who is highly organised, knowledgeable, with excellent inter-personal skills. Working closely with the fire.com leadership team you will be responsible for implementing our compliance framework, ensuring all obligations are understood, and verifying our operational model is in constant compliance. Additionally, you will be responsible for management of outsourcing providers and fire-UK regulatory reporting. The role will also have responsibility as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”).
The role entails the following duties for fire-UK:
- Maintain the compliance framework in line with relevant legislation
- Monitor the fulfilment of intercompany agreement with group companies
- Identify any required legislative or policy updates and implementing same
- Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Manage projects to ensure ongoing compliance
- Participate in the Group Risk & Control Team – report on risk items and mitigations in place
- Ensure ongoing compliance to our policies and standards
- Carry out training such as Data Protection, AML training etc for all fire-UK staff
- Provide updates to the Management, Audit & Risk Committee and Board meetings as appropriate.
You should have the following:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a FICA or equivalent qualification
- Candidate pre-approval by the Financial Conduct Authority is required
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team
- You’ll need to prove your ability to be clear with great attention to detail and capable of producing quality outputs along with a real working knowledge of the UK payments legislation.
- Offices located at Rise London, Shoreditch – the home of fintech
- Modern offices with secure bike storage and showers
- Small, friendly team – all with a great passion for changing business payments
- Healthcare and life assurance / income protection benefits
- Performance-based Share Options scheme
- Salary Range: London (£35,000 to £45,000)
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to development of an innovative fintech business. Fire Financial Services Limited (Ireland) – trading as fire.com – is regulated as a Payment Institution by the Central Bank of Ireland. Fire Financial Services Limited (UK) – trading as fire.com – is in the process of applying for a Payments Institution licence with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.