fire.com – Security Engineer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
What we do?
At fire.com (“Fire”) we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure.
Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards as required. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Security Engineer to join our team. The candidate should have mid-level experience in security operations, design or compliance roles. The ideal candidate should be interested in gaining experience across a broad interdisciplinary applied field. As part of the role, you will be responsible for defining security standards, seeing them implemented in our applications and infrastructure, managing security operations, and working with all functions in the business.
The role entails:
- Manage the fire.com security compliance programme
- Define and manage the organisation’s security standards and procedures
- Perform security monitoring and potentially carry out forensic analysis to detect security incidents
- Conduct staff security training programme
- Continuously improve security operations through automation and process refinements
- Work with developers to ensure our application and AWS infrastructure design is free from security vulnerabilities
- Work with our risk and compliance functions to proactively manage security risks
- Conduct PCI DSS assessments and security testing
What should you have?
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of proven background in the infosec operations, design or compliance
- Interest and a strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of cyber-threats
- Experience with threat modelling, design analysis, and risk assessment
- Ability to understand software development
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services and concepts, along with technical knowledge and experience in networks, operating systems, web, AWS/cloud-based services
- Knowledge of OWASP
- Ability to explain problems to different audiences – practice skills in the art of communication
- Experience using scripting languages
- Must hold an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa
- Must be based in Dublin and available for work from the office
It would be great if you could offer some of:
- Knowledge of secure mobile development, PCI DSS, GDPR
- Knowledge of NIST, COBIT or related frameworks
- Experience administrating Linux servers
- Experience with the Elastic Stack
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 35 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.