fire.com – Compliance & Risk Analyst
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
Dublin or London
What we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Compliance & Risk Analyst to join our team. Working closely with and providing assistance to the Risk and Compliance Officer (‘RCO’) in Ireland and the Compliance Risk and Oversight Officer (‘CROO’) in the UK, you will be responsible for assisting with operational compliance, risk management and projects. As a fast-moving fintech business that is changing the way businesses pay and get paid, you will have a significant opportunity to take responsibility, interact, learn and to see how payments and our business works.
You will need to prove your ability to:
- Identify required legislative or policy updates and implementing required changes.
- Carry out compliance monitoring to ensure ongoing compliance to our policies and standards.
- Prepare all required external reporting in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Review internal money laundering or terrorist financing suspicions and reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Assist with projects to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Prepare documents for and present at the Group Risk & Control Team meetings.
- Assist with preparing reports for the Management, Audit & Risk Committee and Board meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare material for and assist with carrying out training such as Data Protection, AML training etc for all Fire staff.
- Review and approve business account applications and account closures.
- Provide any other assistance to the RCO and CROO where required.
What should you have?
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a LCOI or equivalent qualification with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Analytical ability and excellent attention to detail, with a focus on producing high quality work.
- A working knowledge of the EU/UK payments legislation.
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
As a member of the Fire team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 30 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.