Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
6 months contract – Dublin/LondonWhat we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Risk & Compliance Junior Analyst to join our team. Working closely with and providing assistance to the Risk and Compliance Officer (‘RCO’) in Ireland and the Compliance Risk and Oversight Officer (‘CROO’) in the UK, you will be responsible for assisting with operational compliance, risk management and projects. As a fast-moving fintech business that is changing the way businesses pay and get paid, you will have a significant opportunity to take responsibility, interact, learn and to see how payments and our business works.
The role entails:
- Compliance – Review unusual account activities and assist in compliance reporting. Prepare compliance training material and assist with carrying out training for all Fire staff.
- Team – Provision of administrative support to the Risk & Compliance Team where required. Work closely with Operations and other departments to ensure smooth running of all processes.
- Administrative – Prepare all required reporting in an accurate and timely fashion. Maintain accurate records and documentation associated with all work.
- Operational – Review and approve business account applications and account closures. Carry out daily and monthly compliance monitoring to ensure ongoing compliance to our policies and standards.
- Meetings – Prepare documents for and present at the Group Risk & Control Team meetings. Assist with preparing reports for the Management, Audit & Risk Committee and Board meetings as appropriate.
What should you have?
- Educated to degree level, with a keen interest in gaining experience in a fintech business.
- Some experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- Analytical ability and excellent attention to detail, with a focus on producing high quality work.
- Willingness to learn and an ability to work using own initiative.
- A good understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet internal SLAs on tasks.
- Able to work in fast moving situations.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.