Head of IT Services
fire.com – Dublin
fire.com is a growing fintech that helps businesses to manage payments with digital accounts and debit cards, supporting a range of payment services all accessible via a powerful API. fire.com is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution under the Payment Services Regulations, 2018.
The fire.com platform is hosted in Amazon Web Services with multiple environments using a variety of AWS services. fire.com’s office environment is hosted in Microsoft Azure. These platforms must continue to be constant, ultra-reliable and secure, built on an optimised technology stack and documented to a high standard.
We are now seeking a Head of IT Platform Services to join our team at a time of huge growth for the business. The ideal candidate should have at least five years’ relevant experience, have great leadership skills, is highly organised, knowledgeable with excellent inter-personal skills.
The role entails the following duties:
- Strategic – design and implement all platform elements to support the product and its operations.
- Standards – maintain and enhance our platform definition ensuring alignment with relevant policies & standards.
- Projects – scope, gain approval and implement the platform projects required to implement the strategy.
- Architecture – provide oversight and validation of all technical/architectural design components of the platform.
- Operate – run and manage the Platform Operations function – monitoring, maintaining, alerting and updating all the various elements in line with our standards.
- Reviews – meet and regularly test all the required standards and certification requirements via internal and external reviews and audits.
- Security – manage the security programme and ensure our compliance to PCI DSS and EBA standards.
- 3rd parties – manage the relationships with 3rd party vendors and ensure the platform is cost efficient.
- Office systems – maintain and enhance the office systems with strong communication tools ensuring a secure and effective approach.
- Governance – communicate effectively on platform issues, performance and project progress to the Management Team, Audit & Risk Committee, Board of Directors and other stakeholders as required.
You should have the following:
- 5+ years IT Operations experience ideally within a 24/7 AWS environment.
- Strong track record of delivering complex IT projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience managing and developing individuals ensuring roles align with the business strategy.
It’d be great if you have:
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure design and operations.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS/EBA requirements and experience in a regulated or strong controls environment.
- Good understanding of security controls and principles.
As a fintech business that is changing the way businesses and people pay and are paid, you will have a great opportunity to contribute – the following is some further information:
- Our Dublin office is based on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay (5 minutes from DART, Luas, Buses & Dublin Bikes).
- Secure parking for bikes & showers facilities available.
- Performance-based Share Options scheme.
- Healthcare and life assurance / income protection benefits.
- Small team, friendly and helpful colleagues.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to development of an innovative fintech business. Fire Financial Services – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.