fire.com – Compliance, Risk and Oversight Officer (CROO)
Fire. Your Payments. Without the Friction
A fixed term contract – London (maternity cover)
What we do?
Fire helps businesses of all sizes with their accounts, debit cards and payments. With our great range of payment services, smart technology, and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make managing accounts, debit cards and payments better.
With offices in London and Dublin we are a leading fintech firm working with thousands of businesses and some of the world’s largest financial institutions.
Fire.com (“the Group”) consists of our Irish company Fire-EU which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution, and Fire-UK, which has received authorisation as an E-Money Institution from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
What is the role?
We are now seeking a Compliance, Risk and Oversight Officer (“CROO”) for our UK company (“Fire-UK”) who will work closely with the Risk and Compliance Officer (“RCO”) for our Irish company (“Fire-EU“). Fire-UK service our UK customers and the CROO position will be a primary control function for the company.
We are seeking an individual with at least three years’ experience who is highly organised, knowledgeable, with excellent inter-personal skills to act as the Head of Compliance. This individual will also hold the responsibility of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) and Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). Working as a member of the Fire leadership team you will be responsible for implementing our compliance framework, ensuring all obligations are understood, and verifying that our operational model is in constant compliance. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing advisory support and providing training such as data protection, financial crime, complaints to other functions in the business and be a point of contact with relevant regulators and authorities; FCA, NCA, ICO and HMRC.
The role entails:
- Compliance – Responsible for identifying and implementing any required legislative or policy updates across all regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring Programme – Carry out testing to ensure compliance with policies and report on findings to management, Audit & Risk Committee (“ARC”) and the Board of Directors (“the Board”).
- Regulatory Engagement – Point of contact with relevant regulators and ensure all regulatory reporting/SARs are submitted within the required timelines.
- Legal – Review and update customer facing legal documents such as T&C’s, Privacy Statements etc.
- Risk Management – Acting as the custodian of the Group’s Risk Register and leading the Risk & Control Team in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on risk items.
- Audit – Responsible for organising regular external audits and reviews.
- Oversight – Monitor the performance of group company outsourced functions in line with Intercompany Agreements.
- Governance and Advice – Produce accurate and timely management information and communicate to all internal stakeholders. Provide compliance guidance to internal stakeholders as required.
- Training – Carry out training such as Data Protection, AML training for all staff and Directors.
What should you have?
- Educated to degree level, ideally with an ICA, ACAMS or equivalent qualification.
- Be a suitable ‘fit and proper’ individual to be approved as an EMD individual (Approved Person).
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
- Capable of producing quality outputs with very strong attention to detail.
- Have a deep working knowledge of the UK payments landscape.
Fire is an early stage fintech business, with offices in London and Dublin. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.