Risk & Compliance Officer
fire.com – Risk & Compliance Officer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
A one-year fixed term contract – Dublin (maternity cover)
What we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Risk & Compliance Officer to join our team. Working closely with the fire.com leadership team and Compliance Risk and Oversight Officer (‘CROO’) in the UK, you will be responsible for maintaining our compliance framework, ensuring all obligations are understood, and verifying our operational model is in constant compliance. As a fast-moving fintech business that is changing the way businesses pay and get paid, you will have a significant opportunity to take responsibility, interact, learn and to see how payments and our business works.
The role entails:
- Maintain the compliance framework in line with relevant legislation.
- Identify any required legislative or policy updates across regulatory, financial crime and data protection requirements and implementing required changes.
- Review and update customer facing legal documents such as Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statements etc.
- Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Establish, lead and manage projects to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Participate in the Group Risk & Control Team in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on risk items.
- Agree schedule of internal reviews and external audits.
- Ensure ongoing compliance to our policies and standards.
- Point of contact with relevant regulators and authorities.
- Carry out training such as Data Protection, AML training etc for all Fire staff.
- Reviewing internal suspicions of money laundering/terrorist financing and reporting to the Gardai and Revenue Commissioners.
- Reviewing and approving business account applications and account closures.
- Provide compliance guidance to the firm.
- Prepare reports and provide updates to the Management, Audit & Risk Committee and Board meetings as appropriate.
What should you have?
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a LCOI or equivalent qualification with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Candidate pre-approval by Central Bank of Ireland is required.
- Ability to be clear with great attention to detail and capable of producing quality outputs along with a real working knowledge of the EU/UK payments legislation.
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 35 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.