Finance Analyst – Payvation Limited
Payvation Limited – Dublin
Payvation is an investment fund managed by Colm Lyon (CEO/founder of fire.com and Payvation) and Paul Davey (Deputy CEO/CFO of fire.com and Payvation). Payvation is a sister company of fire.com.
Payvation, based in Dublin, has a mandate to invest in asset classes across a broad range of markets. Reporting to the CFO, the role will be hands on and will involve working with CEO/CFO, the investee businesses/funds and other stakeholders. The candidate is expected to have strong business awareness, an interest in investment trends and an appreciation of early stage businesses. The Finance Analyst will also assist in various commercial and planning projects in fire.com.
The role entails the following duties:
- Planning & Commercial – prepare and present financial analysis and forecasting enabling a strong commercial influence on company decision making.
- Portfolio Monitoring – monitor the asset allocation of the portfolio and provide regular updates to senior management on performance of current investments.
- Opportunities – research various asset classes and sourcing investment opportunities that meet the investment criteria.
- Investments – involved at all stages of the investment process including financial modelling, commercial insights, scenario analysis, due diligence, liaising with tax/legal advisors and investment closing.
- Relationship management – build and maintain relationships with current and potential investments.
- Governance – assist in the financial reporting and governance of the company.
- Other – involved in other ad hoc projects (including within investee businesses) from time to time.
You should have the following:
- Track record of excellent academic achievement.
- Relevant qualification in Business/Finance/Investments and/or part or recently qualified Accountant.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a finance, investment or portfolio management role.
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of business, investments and financial markets.
- Excellent financial, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office applications.