Investment Analyst – Payvation Limited
Payvation Limited – Dublin
Payvation is an investment fund managed by Colm Lyon (founder of Realex Payments and current CEO/founder of Fire Financial Services/Payvation) and Paul Davey (former CFO of Realex Payments and current Deputy CEO/CFO of Fire Financial Services/Payvation).
Payvation, based in Dublin, has a mandate to invest in a number of asset classes across a broad range of markets. Reporting to the CFO, the role will be hands on and will involve working with CEO/CFO, investee businesses/funds and other stakeholders. The candidate is expected to have strong business awareness of investment trends, lifecycles and an appreciation of early stage businesses.
The role entails the following duties:
- Portfolio Monitoring – Monitor the asset allocation of the portfolio and provide regular updates to senior management on performance of current investments.
- Research Opportunities – Research different asset classes and sourcing investment opportunities that meet the investment criteria.
- Point of Contact – Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (including current and potential investments). Regularly meet with stakeholders providing recommendations to senior management.
- Investment Process – Involved at all stages of the investment process including financial modelling, commercial insights, scenario analysis, due diligence and investment closing.
- Investment Assessment – Liaise with accountants, tax & legal advisors to assess impact of potential investments.
- Governance – Assist in the financial reporting and governance of the company.
- Other – Involved in other ad hoc projects (including within investee businesses) from time to time.
You should have the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience in an investment analysis or portfolio management role.
- Track record of excellent academic achievement.
- Demonstrable interest or understanding of investments and financial markets.
- Excellent financial, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
It’d be great if you have:
- Relevant Masters or Professional qualification in Business/Finance/Investments.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation ability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office applications.