fire.com – Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
What we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
Operations is a Group function, covering our UK & EU businesses. Reporting to the CEO, the COO is a senior member of the management team and responsible for the strategic leadership of the function, ensuring robust policies, plans and controls are in place and that all activities are executed in line with our standards. The Operations function is responsible for the running of our service and the COO will take the lead with the scaling of the function in line with company strategy.
The role entails:
The COO has a broad leadership accountability within the business. There are a number of sub-functions in Operations and the COO will continuously seek to optimise the team, the processes, and the systems in order to scale the function.
- Operations Management – lead the Operations function with top quality Operations Plans and strong governance (policies, frameworks, registers, and procedures). Ensure KPI’s and appropriate MI are in place to enable decision making. The COO will also lead and manage multiple cross functional and organisational projects.
- Treasury – manage the safeguarding and reconciliation of customer funds across all currencies and entities, processing payments and managing exceptions.
- Operations Compliance – the Operations function is the first line of defence in our risk management framework. The COO will ensure that all Operations functions are carried out in a manner compliant with the policies of the business with an evidence-based approach in place for ensuring AML legislative compliance.
- Service Management – proactive management of our service providers, issues, incidents, fraud, operational resilience, and BC/DR planning, always ensuring the effectiveness of critical controls and registers.
- Customer Success – delivering a compelling customer experience. Ensuring all communications are on-brand and to standard.
What should you have?
- Educated to at least a degree level.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ professional experience, ideally in a management role for some of that time.
- Strong IT and analytical skills with a high level of competence in solution-based problem resolution.
- Excellent presentation skills, report writing and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates an ability to collaborate with cross functional teams aligning Operations with business needs.
- Excellent prioritisation and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
- Exposure to a regulated environment, working with control functions and oversight is desirable.
- Candidate pre-approval by Central Bank of Ireland is required.
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 35 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.