fire.com – DevOps and System Engineer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
What we do?
At fire.com (“Fire”) we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure.
Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards as required. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are now seeking a DevOps and System Engineer to join our IT team. The ideal candidate should have a mid-level relevant experience and be highly organised, knowledgeable with excellent interpersonal skills.
The role entails:
• Project Work – playing a vital role in the development of the platform (Infrastructure as Code) and implementing infrastructure projects.
• Release Management – supporting and enhancing continuous delivery tools for the development team.
• Change Management – implementing small changes in our infrastructure.
• Monitoring – ensuring the platform is fully operational and be part of the 24/7 support coverage as needed.
• Support – resolving platform service requests; supporting development and QA teams with infrastructure.
• Incident Management – identifying and classifying incidents, troubleshooting, resolving and reporting on same.
• Documentation – ensuring procedures and run books are kept up to date with all changes.
What you should have?
• Mid-level experience in IT Operations role.
• Experience with configuration management tools like CloudFormation or Ansible.
• Good scripting skills using Bash or Python.
• Working experience with Unix/Linux.
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
It’d be great if you have some of:
• Experience with monitoring/logging tools such as ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins.
• Experience with containers.
• Good understanding of security controls and principles.
• Good understanding of networking components in a cloud environment.
• Some understanding of serverless infrastructure, e.g. Lambda functions with SAM configuration.
As a member of the Fire team, you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have an opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 35 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.