fire.com – QA Engineer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
What we do?
At fire.com (“Fire”) we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure.
Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards as required. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking an enthusiastic QA Engineer to join our team. Working within a relatively small team and with a degree of independence.
The role entails:
- Contributing to the technology strategy concerning QA
- Transitioning from manual to automated testing
- Liaising with product and development teams to identify test requirements
- Planning and implementing manual and automated tests across product’s APIs, web and mobile applications
- Delivering our product to the highest standard, satisfying both functional and non-functional requirements.
What should you have?
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least mid-level experience in quality assurance, preferably related to the financial services
- 5 years or more of proven test automation experience
- Interest in taking wide responsibilities as opposed to a narrow corporate environment type of role
- Curiosity, self-starter mindset
- A strong aptitude for learning
- Understanding of the enterprise-level application requirements and testing
- Good SQL knowledge
- Experience using Python scripting, JMeter, Robot Framework, TestRail, Confluence/Jira or similar
- An EU passport or Stamp 4 visa
- Must be based in Dublin and available for work from the office
It would be great if you could offer some of:
- API and microservices testing experience
- Android and iOS test automation experience
- Good Linux operating system knowledge & Bash/Shell scripting experience
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 35 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.