Product Owner @ fire.com – based in Dublin or London.
Fire. Your Payments. Without the Friction.
Fire is a fast-growing fintech that provides businesses with digital accounts to automate their payments, including debit cards, accounts, bank transfers, FX, and Open Banking payments. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure.
The company has offices in London and Dublin, employs 35 people and is regulated in the EU and the UK. Fire prides itself on its ability to eliminate friction in payments and provide excellent service to its customers.
We are looking to recruit Product Owners to join our Product team in the area of Open Banking payments and Embedded Finance. You will be working closely with our Chief Product Officer, development team and other stakeholders from across the company. You will take ownership and be responsible for driving a product-led approach to its development – from design and definition of payment services and features, to working with the Business Development team to increase adoption. It will be your job to gather information, analyse data, design solutions and document requirements. Your key success metric will be the delivery of features that create a compelling customer experience.
The role entails:
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to drive the roadmap for Open Banking payments or our upcoming Embedded Finance product.
- Establishing requirements taking into account feedback from customers, sales teams, research, etc., and being accountable for the production of the required outputs – scope, design, plans etc;
- Identifying dependencies, risks, and issues to ensure development timelines are maintained – you will be expected to manage projects from scope and early-stage design, to definition, through development and into production;
- Gathering insights from customers, usage data, and feedback to prioritize improvements or new feature ideas;
- Planning, organising, and managing yourself to a high standard, producing high quality and clear outputs;
- Managing bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution;
- Engage across the organisation to ensure all stakeholders are involved as needed throughout the project and when necessary, you will work with suppliers, partners, and clients to ensure a successful outcome.
- 2+ years’ experience in the areas of business analysis and project management, ideally in FinTech or a similar industry.
- Strong knowledge of payment services, including Open Banking and APIs would be a great advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to resolve complex customer issues.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Willingness to work from London / Dublin offices for three days a week.
Fire Financial Services Limited – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution (No: C58301) and Fire Financial Services Limited (fire-UK) is authorised as an Electronic Money Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (No: 900983)