fire.com – London
fire.com is a growing fintech that helps businesses to manage payments with digital accounts and debit cards, supporting a range of payment services all accessible via a powerful API. We are now seeking a Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer (“CROO”) for our UK company (“Fire-UK”). Fire-UK service our UK personal, business and corporate customers and the CROO position will be a primary control function for fire-UK.
fire.com consists of our Irish company Fire-EU which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution, and Fire-UK which is authorised as an E-Money Institution from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
We are seeking an individual with at least three years’ experience who is highly organised, knowledgeable, with excellent inter-personal skills. Working closely with the fire.com leadership team you will be responsible for implementing our compliance framework, ensuring all obligations are understood, and verifying our operational model is in constant compliance. Additionally, you will be responsible for management of outsourcing providers and fire-UK regulatory reporting. The role will also have responsibility as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”).
The role entails the following duties:
- Maintain the compliance framework in line with relevant legislation.
- Identify any required legislative or policy updates across regulatory, financial crime and data protection requirements and implementing required changes.
- Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Establish, lead and manage projects to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Participate in the Group Risk & Control Team in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on risk items.
- Ensure ongoing compliance to our policies and standards.
- Carry out training such as Data Protection, AML training etc for all fire-UK staff.
- Provide updates to the Management, Audit & Risk Committee and Board meetings as appropriate
- Monitor the performance of outsourced functions fulfilled by group companies in line with Intercompany Agreements.
- Reviewing internal suspicions of money laundering and reporting to the NCA.
- Point of contact with relevant regulators and authorities; FCA, NCA, ICO.
- Providing compliance guidance to the firm.
- Approving the onboarding of customers including those with complex ownership structures.
You should have the following:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with an ICA, ACAMS or equivalent qualification.
- Meet FCA requirements as a ‘fit and proper’ individual to hold the role.
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
- You’ll need to prove your ability to be clear with great attention to detail and capable of producing quality outputs along with a real working knowledge of the UK payments legislation.
- Offices located at Rise London, Shoreditch – the home of fintech
- Modern offices with secure bike storage and showers
- Small, friendly team – all with a great passion for changing business payments
- Healthcare and life assurance / income protection benefits
- Performance-based Share Options scheme
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to development of an innovative fintech business. Fire Financial Services Limited (UK) – trading as fire.com – is authorised as an E-Money Institution with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.