Head of Business Development
fire.com – London
fire.com is a growing fintech that helps businesses manage their payments with digital accounts and debit cards, supporting a range of payment services all accessible via a powerful API. We are now seeking a Head of Business Development to lead our London-based Business Development Team and grow our revenue through customer acquisition.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the fire.com Management Team, reporting to the Founder & CEO, and ultimately accountable for revenue. As the owner of the Sales and Marketing functions you will develop and implement a go-to-market plan aligned to the overall company strategy.
Working for a fast-moving fintech business that is changing the way businesses pay and get paid, you will have a great opportunity to play a key role in defining the strategy and scaling the business.
You’ll need to prove your ability to:
- Develop and maintain an overall go-to-market plan for a growing B2B company
- Build and lead a team of highly-effective sales and marketing professionals, setting clear accountabilities and targets across the team
- Manage a sales pipeline – from lead generation to close, clearly articulating the sales proposition
- Network and build relationships with key stakeholders from across the industry to drive new business
- Be highly motivated and proactively seek opportunities to grow revenue and enhance the fire.com brand.
You should have the following:
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a sales, business development or commercially-focused role
- A passion for the fintech and / or payments industries, ideally with an established network
- Highly effective communication skills – capable of presenting with great clarity to a variety of audiences
- A commercial mindset – understanding and clearly articulating complex business models and payment flows, negotiating commercials based on the value we deliver
- Be hands-on, managing, mentoring and motivating a small team of Sales & Marketing Execs
- A degree in something – Maths, Business, Music, Art – we don’t mind.
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience with both the fire.com personal app (available in the app stores) and the fire.com Business Account (hint – you can sign up for a free sole trader account at www.fire.com)
- An understanding of European payments regulation particularly PSD2 and Open Banking in the UK.
- Offices located at Rise London, Shoreditch – ‘the home of fintech’
- Modern offices with secure bike storage and showers
- Small, friendly team – all with a great passion for changing business payments
- Healthcare and life assurance / income protection benefits
- Performance-based Share Options scheme
- Competitive base salary, plus commission.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to development of an innovative fintech business. Fire Financial Services – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.