fire.com – Dublin, Ireland
fire.com is a growing fintech that helps businesses to manage payments with digital accounts and debit cards, supporting a range of payment services all accessible via a powerful API. We have built our application and platform from the ground up, using Spring Java and the AWS stack. The platform must continue to be constant, ultra-reliable and secure, built on an optimised technology stack and documented to a high standard.
We are now seeking a CTO to join our team at a time of significant growth for the business. The ideal candidate should be a technology visionary and operations manager, with at least five years’ relevant experience. They will display leadership, organisation and knowledge, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will align the technology strategy with the business vision.
- To lead in the production of the IT plan for fire.com – covering the development, platform, security and office systems functions.
- To lead in the prioritisation of technology-related initiatives within the company both from a strategic and operational perspective aligning with the company goals.
- Collaborate with the management team in delivering industry-leading solutions.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies, ensuring fire.com’s technology standards and processes are aligned with best practice.
- Oversee the management of a multi-disciplined team with a varied skill set including backend/frontend developers, QA, Security, Dev Ops and office systems admin (currently 12 resources).
- Responsible for leading the growing dev teams in Dublin, Cork and remote devs.
- Contribute to team process improvement adhering to industry best practice and principles.
- Provide team members with the necessary tools and knowledge to perform the role to a high standard. Responsible for coaching and retention of key hires.
- Provide feedback/reporting to Management/Board of Directors on a regular and ad hoc basis.
You should have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience ideally within a 24/7 AWS environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience managing and developing individuals ensuring roles align with the business strategy.
- Experience driving process change and process improvement.
As a fintech business that is changing the way businesses pay and get paid, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to the business and shape its future. With offices in London, Dublin and Cork, this role will be based on our Dublin office on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay (5 minutes from DART, Luas, Buses & Dublin Bikes).
- Secure parking for bikes & showers facilities available.
- Performance-based Share Options scheme.
- Healthcare and life assurance / income protection benefits.
- Small team, friendly and helpful colleagues.
As a member of the fire.com management team you will be contributing to development of an innovative fintech business. Fire Financial Services Limited – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution (No: C58301) and Fire Financial Services Limited (fire-UK) is authorised as an Electronic Money Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (No: 900983)