fire.com – Chief Revenue Officer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
London (United Kingdom)
What we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, APIs and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
Being regulated in the UK and the EU, we have the licences, tech and product and we are ready to scale. We are now recruiting a London based Chief Revenue Officer to lead our sales and marketing functions and to develop and implement a go-to-market plan aligned to the overall company strategy. As the Chief Revenue Officer you will be a key member of the Fire leadership team, reporting to the CEO & founder.
You will have a great opportunity to impact the success of Fire and to play a key role in defining the strategy and scaling the business.
You will need to prove your ability to:
- Develop and maintain a go-to-market strategy for a growing B2B company supporting both direct integrated business sales and indirect embedded distribution with platforms.
- Build and lead a team of highly-effective sales and marketing professionals, setting clear accountabilities and targets across the team.
- Build and manage the sales pipeline – from lead generation to close, clearly articulating the sales proposition with both direct clients and platform partners.
- Network and build relationships with key stakeholders from across the industry to drive new business and promote the Fire brand.
- Be highly motivated and proactively seek opportunities to grow Fire.
What should you have?
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a sales, business development or commercially-focused role.
- A passion for the fintech and / or payments industries, ideally with an established network.
- Effective communication skills – capable of presenting with great clarity to a variety of audiences.
- A commercial mindset – understanding and clearly articulating complex business models and payment flows, negotiating commercials based on the value we deliver.
- Be hands-on, managing, mentoring and motivating a small team of Sales & Marketing Execs.
- A degree in something – Maths, Business, Music, Art – we don’t mind.
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience with the Fire Business Account (hint – you can open a free sole trader account at www.fire.com)
- An understanding of European payments regulation and its impact on our business / industry – particularly PSD2 and Open Banking in the UK (https://www.openbanking.org.uk/).
As a member of the Fire team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. We have 30 people in our team, all of whom are currently working remotely. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.