fire.com – Business Development Executive
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
London (United Kingdom)
What we do?
At fire.com we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, APIs and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are looking to recruit a Business Development Executive for an exciting role within our growing business development team. You will be reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer and working closely with the Product and Operational teams, as well as other stakeholders from across the company. You will be responsible for identifying, developing and closing opportunities which take advantage of the ability to integrate to or embed the Fire account. You will provide pre-sale product/solution support and bring well-defined requirements to the Product team for assessment. Your key success metric will be revenue earned from these new direct and platform customers.
You will have a great opportunity to impact the success of Fire and to play a key role in our Revenue team.
You’ll need to prove your ability to:
- Prospect for new business and build a strong sales pipeline
- Assist customers with and complete technical solution designs
- Win new business and meet revenue targets
What should you have?
- 2+ years’ technical sales experience within the payments or fintech sector
- A passion for fintech and/or payments
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Total commitment to keeping your CRM and sales pipeline up to date
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- An established network in the fintech and/or payments ecosystem would be a bonus
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience with the Fire Business Account (hint – you can open a free sole trader account at www.fire.com)
- An understanding of European payments regulation and its impact on our business / industry – particularly PSD2 and Open Banking in the UK (https://www.openbanking.org.uk/).
As a member of the Fire team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
We are an early stage fintech business, with offices in London and Dublin. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products.